[Nut-upsdev] smart1050slt by tripp lite

chance fulton chance.fulton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:11:05 UTC 2010

Sorry, I'm a noob at Linux development, do I need to uninstall before I
make install the newer version. I was under the impression that it would
overwrite the old binaries.

My process is as follows.

#svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk nut
#cd nut
#autoreconf --install

#./configure --with-user=nut --with-group=nut --with-usb

Configuration summary:
enable SSL development code: no
enable libwrap (tcp-wrappers) support: no
enable IPv6 support: yes
build CGI programs: no
build and install the development files: no
build serial drivers: yes
build SNMP drivers: no
build USB drivers: yes
enable HAL support: no
build neon based XML driver: no
build Powerman PDU client driver: no
#make
#sudo make install

Then I run it with the commands mentioned earlier.
Is this the correct procedure, or do I need more training?