[Nut-upsdev] cpqpowermib tweak

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:27:29 UTC 2010

2010/2/5 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>> as you may know, Powerware (now part of Eaton) has made and is still
>> making OEM devices for big names.
>> quickly looking at pwmib.h, it seems that the cpqmib (standing for
>> Compaq I assume, which is not obvious looking at the .h file nor the
>> driver.list!) is the same. possibly with some variation though.
>
> This looks like it. Short of the initial part of the OID, it looks very
> similar. Which is good news, since both have complementary stuff decoded, so
> we can probably improve both subdrivers here.

that's the idea.
FYI, a rewrite of snmp-ups is planned to address various issues.
the base idea is to use the real subdriver approach, as in usbhid-ups.
One these improvements could be to have common data definition, that
get "instanciated" with the right entry point at init time... you get
the idea.

I've not yet gone in depth of this reflexion, but having that in mind
can help in preparing the future.
BTW, for the recall, the XUPS Mib is available in the protocol library.
And I can get in touch with somebody at Eaton if needed.
Though I'm still diverted by dumb subjects currently...

cheers,