[Nut-upsdev] Liebert ESP II driver

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jul 14 07:04:04 UTC 2010

Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert op gmail.com>:

> Here are the steps that occur when a critical power event happens:
>
> 1. The UPS goes on battery
>
> 2. The UPS reaches low battery (a "critical" UPS)
>
> 3. The upsmon master notices and sets "FSD" - the "forced shutdown"
>    flag to tell all slave systems that it will soon power down the load.
>

> But If I use my ups with nut on Battery when UPS don't send LB event just do
> Output OFF and kill PC and after itself.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Please explain in
little more detail what you're trying to ask. The 'upsmon' client will
only start a shutdown if it sees both the OB LB flags. In the absence
of a functional upsdrv_shutdown, this is all NUT will do. The
liebert-esp2 driver does not have either a upsdrv_shutdown and/or
functional instcmd's at the time of this writing. If your UPS happens
to kill the power (at any time), it is doing this all by itself. There
is currently nothing NUT can do about that. See also the previous
messages in this thread.

> I don't understand when or why called the upsdrv_shutdown function?

This is called when you run a driver with the '-k' flag on the command
line (or by running 'upsdrvctl shutdown', which will do this for all
configured drivers). Typically this is done in the system halt script
just before the system powers down (see also the INSTALL file).

> Please someone tell me what happens if UPS works on battery and I use NUT.

See above.

Please keep list traffic on the list