[Nut-upsdev] Patch blazer_usb.c from Brian R. Smith REALLY WORKS (UPSilon 2000 replacement)

trantore quesoyjamon at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 11:00:24 UTC 2010

Arjen de Korte <nut+devel <at> de-korte.org> writes:

> Citeren trantore <quesoyjamon <at> aol.com>:
>
> > With my system I don't have any problem. Please, ask for patch acceptance. I
> > belive that is better to fix any bug after several users begin to use NUT.
>

> Probably the quickest route to inclusion would be to modify the patch
> with a configuration flag that enables this workaround.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Hi,

My suggestion is exactly this! Because the blazer_usb driver supports several
different sub-protocols, I'm only suggesting to support this dialect using a
parameter (just like to enable others).

Please, Brian, can you do this?
Or someone else can do?

I repeat: Several low-cost UPS units uses the UPSilon 2000 software, and this
patch is the ONLY solution to use an alternative software!