[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2567 [USB and serial]

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:10:36 UTC 2010

2010/10/6 Charles Lepple

> On Oct 5, 2010, at 5:57 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>  Author: aquette
>> Date: Tue Oct  5 14:45:39 2010
>> New Revision: 2567
>>
>> Log:
>> Add Eaton Powerware 5130 support with usbhid-ups (reported by Niels
>> Kristian Jensen)
>>

> Arnaud,

Hi Charles,

> The example at the bottom of the page talks about selecting all Eaton units
> which use USB. If you select USB, the 9130 is at the top of the list - but
> one of the drivers is serial (bcmxcp), and as such, it does not show up when
> listing compatible serial UPSes. Should we make sure to split dual-port
> units into two separate lines, one for USB and one for serial?

For the reference, I'm appending the links to the above mentioned filter on
Eaton USB and serial devices:
http://new.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=Eaton&connection=USB

You're right, when we filter on USB, we get devices that are compatible with
USB only or both serial and USB.
And this is not true when selecting serial only, which filters out devices
that supports both serial and USB.
This has to be fixed, but I don't yet see how.
Splitting in 2 lines is an option, but since I would like to "compress" the
files to limit this kind of "redundancy", it's probably not the best option.

@Seb: do you have an idea to solve this simply?
Like being able to return both serial and USB when we have entries matching
USB drivers names with a 2nd entry that do not match (ie it's not a USB
driver)...

cheers,