[Nut-upsdev] cross-compiling the windows_port branch (socklen_t)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:05:27 UTC 2010

Frédéric,

I'm curious as to how you are configuring the windows_port branch.
When I try to cross-compile, configure complains about socklen_t:

$ ./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32
Network UPS Tools version 2.4.3
[...]
checking for socklen_t... no
checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a
type to use in place of socklen_t

The test (m4/nut_type_socklen_t.m4) is only looking in sys/types.h and
sys/socket.h, which don't exist in either of the two mingw32 cross-
compiler setups that I have tried (on Ubuntu 10.04 and Fink).

I am unsure as to whether rsync (the apparent source of that autoconf
test) will properly compile on mingw32.

We might be able to do something like this, but I am open to other
ideas (and I am not suggesting we depend on gnulib):

http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-gnulib@gnu.org/msg01920.html