[Nut-upsdev] ORVALDI 650/750/900SP.

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Oct 25 20:19:44 UTC 2010

Citeren Paweł Sikora <pluto op agmk.net>:

> 1). connect usb cable to ups.
>
> /* on fresh 2.6.36 kernel from git */
>
> Oct 25 20:00:09 localhost kernel: [33773.726642] usb 7-2: new low
> speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> Oct 25 20:00:09 localhost kernel: [33773.922008] usb 7-2: New USB
> device found, idVendor=0665, idProduct=5161

This VID:PID combination *might* be supported by either the blazer_usb
or (obsolete) megatec_usb driver. Besides trying, there is no way to
conclusively tell.

> 2). add [orvaldi] entry to /etc/ups/ups.conf:
>
> [orvaldi]
>         driver = megatec_usb
>         port =
> /dev/input/by-id/usb-0665_WayTech_USB-RS232_Interface__V1.0__Baud_rate_2400bps-event-if00
>                                  ^^^^ this is a udev-maintained
> symlink to proper /dev/input/eventX.

The value of 'port' will be ignored for USB connected drivers. Please
read the man pages before posting here (we'll give people some slack
on nut-upsusers, but on the nut-upsdev list not reading the
documentation and/or the archives is a grievous mistake... :-)

> 3). test the driver:
>
> # /lib/nut/upsdrvctl -u root -D start orvaldi

Same here, shame on you! ;-)

The upsdrvctl wrapper doesn't pass on the -D parameter to the drivers
it starts (read the archives for an explanation why), so in order to
run a driver in debug mode, you must start it directly

     /path/to/driver -DDD -u root -a upsname

First thing for you to try is if the blazer_usb driver is able to
communicate with your UPS. Make sure to kill *all* NUT drivers that
may be running in the background before running a driver in debug mode.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)