[Nut-upsdev] Patch to support GE EP series

Danilo Godec danilo.godec at agenda.si
Thu Apr 14 12:30:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

recently I got a GE EP6000R UPS. At first I feared it's not supported at
all, but after digging in I found out that it's supported by the
'blazer' driver.

The UPS has both RS232 and USB connection. To use the RS232 connection,
I had to use the 'cablepower = none' as the UPS is using only RX, TX and
GND pins.

So my 'usp.conf' was a bit like that:

> [myups]
>         driver = blazer_ser
>         port = /dev/ttyS0
>         cablepower = none
>         desc = "Local UPS"

To use the USB connection required a bit more work, but I eventually
found out what it takes:

> [myups]
>         driver = blazer_usb
>         port = /dev/ttyS0  # probably irrelevant
>         vendorid = 14f0
>         productid = 00c9
>         subdriver = phoenix
>         desc = "Local UPS"

I also made a patch so I don't need to define 'vendorid', 'productid'
and 'subdriver' in config, but since I'm not a programmer, the patch is
mostly 'guesswork'. The patch is against nut-2.6.0 release.

I hope this list accepts attachments...

 Regards, Danilo

--
Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora / system administration

Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran www.agenda.si

ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT : IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA

Visit our updated web page at www.agenda.si

OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING : SOFTWARE