[Nut-upsdev] Patch to support GE EP series

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 16 09:41:58 UTC 2011

Citeren Danilo Godec <danilo.godec op agenda.si>:

>> If the UPS really only uses the RX and TX pins, the setting of
>> 'cablepower' is irrelevant.
> Yes, the supplied RS232 cable only has three connected pins. Without
> setting 'cablepower=none', the driver didn't detect the UPS.

Again, the driver itself doesn't care about this setting, this is
purely for the UPS. What could be happening is that you have a 'smart'
connector that attaches to the serial port and requires this setting
to power a small circuit in the connector. I could also be that this
setting prevents another program from probing/messing with the serial
port. You're not running something like Modem Manager are you?

[...]

> I tried 'cypress', 'krauler', 'ippon' and 'phoenix'. The driver only
> detects the UPS with 'phoenix'.

Right, I just wanted to know if you actually tried the other
subdrivers. Clearly, the right one for this model is the 'phoenix' type.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)