[Nut-upsdev] RFC: nut and systemd

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:30:03 UTC 2011

2011/4/21 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:47 AM, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
>
>  That way, slower shell scripts
>>> only execute once when the system administrator changes the
>>> configuration, and systemd would read those generated files.
>>>

>> Still the same question, what do you want/need that script for?
>>

> Maybe it's just a convenience that we don't really need. Arnaud?

I can't say it's a convenience, at least not more or less than the files it
tries to replace.
whatever the number of init script / service files, we need to instruct the
system which NUT components it has to start.
And having a way to do it the same across systems is worth IMHO.

that being said, the shell approach doesn't satisfy me much, but was a good
compromise for a first round.
part of the work around the configuration, we might consider a config
accessor, like:
$ nut-config --get-mode

@Michal: would that suit systemd way of life?
a side question: what is the status of Augeas (still RH sponsored project)
in Fedora / RedHat?

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com