[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2832 - in trunk/docs: . website

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:41:12 UTC 2011

Hi John,

2011/1/17 John Bayly

> On 14/01/2011 20:40, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>> Author: aquette
>> Date: Fri Jan 14 20:40:06 2011
>> New Revision: 2832
>>
>> +link:
>> http://www.networkupstools.org/source/2.6/nut-2.6.0.tar.gz.sig[signature]
>>
> May I suggest that you also provide checksums for the tarball? I'm updating
> the FreeBSD port, and wanted to verify the SHA256 sum. As it's been
> downloaded from the NUT website, I know the odds of the source being tainted
> are astronomical, but if it's for a distribution, I thought I'd be extra
> cautious.
> As it is I've verified the GPG sig (never used it before) and used the
> computed SHA sum.

I've added a SHA256 hash, and referenced it in the download section:
http://www.networkupstools.org/download.html

I've not yet updated the documentation, but it's simple as downloading the
nut archive and the matching .sha256 file. Then using:
$ sha256sum -c nut-2.6.0.tar.gz.sha256

You should get back:
nut-2.6.0.tar.gz: OK

thanks for your feedback,