[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2821 - in trunk: . clients drivers m4 server

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:28:15 UTC 2011

2011/1/13 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Jan 13, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>  2011/1/13 Arnaud Quette <aquette at alioth.debian.org>
>> Author: aquette
>> Date: Thu Jan 13 12:38:32 2011
>> New Revision: 2821
>>
>> Log:
>> Fix the wrong use of *_LDFLAGS instead of *_LIBS, which break compilation
>> on newer toolchains like the on the upcoming Ubuntu Natty (patch from
>> Laurent Bigonville, from Debian)
>>
>> I missed to add the explanation pointer:
>> http://wiki.debian.org/ToolChain/DSOLinking
>>

> Is that the same issue as this ticket?
>

> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=312617&group_id=30602&atid=411542

indeed, I forgot that we had a ticket...

all LDFLAGS have moved to LIBS, apart from the GD ones which are still
LDFLAGS.
a 2nd step is scheduled to have something cleaner (as Arjen comments, we
will probably need LDFLAGS to separate these from LIBS where the situation
is not that clear). I'll probably also look to switch to PKG_CHECK_MODULES
at the same time. But for now, everything seems fine.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com