[Nut-upsdev] End of NSS port

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:34:44 UTC 2011

Emilien and all,

2011/1/21 <EmilienKia at eaton.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that NSS port of NUT is finished.

congrats!

> Port is fully functionnal (same functionnalities as openssl, and a
> not-activated-by-default client certificate validation function) and
> successfully tested by myself (external tests are pending, Frederic Bohe
> is planned for)  with a test matrix which will be uploaded to the web
> site soon (by Arnaud),

these are now available, in either PDF or OpenOffice formats:
http://opensource.eaton.com/NSS/NUT-NSS_Mini_DVT_Plan-draft.pdf
http://opensource.eaton.com/NSS/NUT-NSS_Mini_DVT_Plan-draft.odt

tested functionnality by functionnality in each
> installation context (no ssl, openssl and nss) and in interoperability
> context (no ssl/openssl, no ssl/nss, openssl/nss).
>
> Due to my "not-well" english, probably that a pass must be done on
> documentation and error messages by better english-speaking.
>
> I was happy to work on a such subject on a FOSS like nut.
>
> So long, folks.

thanks a lot for your much appreciated contribution Emilien.

As pointed in the initial Alioth task, this will allow to solve a long
standing distribution issue, that prevented at least Debian based system,
and quite probably many others, from shipping NUT with SSL feature enabled
by default.

This will be integrated at worst for 2.8, but I'll check if we can consider
inclusion in the next point release.

Special thanks to Eaton too, who sponsored the development of this feature.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com