[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r3137 - trunk

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:16:20 UTC 2011

2011/7/15 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Jul 14, 2011, at 12:42 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>  Hi Charles,
>>
>> off-topic comment: I'm just back from the Grande Chartreuse... memories,
>> memories ;-)
>>

> Nice :-)
>
>  2011/7/14 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
>>
>>  On Jul 14, 2011, at 7:14 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>>
>>> Author: aquette

>>> Arnaud,
>>>
>>> I think the other issue is that the IPMI detection logic is set up to
>>> *require* IPMI, rather than using it only if it is present.
>>>

>> hem, right. at least, for distcheck, since it's otherwise automatically
>> detected.
>>
>> @Charles and Praveen: can you please install libfreeipmi-dev or equivalent
>> on your buildslaves?
>>

> Can we make it optional for distcheck-light (which is what the buildslaves
> run)?

it was my intent, but forgot some complement in configure.in.
fixed in r3138.

I don't mind installing it on the Linux box, but it would be good to check
> that the configure script works both ways. Also, I'm not sure how hard that
> will be for the FreeBSD box.

as per this table, it should work natively on Linux, BSD and Solaris:
http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/docs/ipmisw-compare.htm

this table also shows why I went why an abstracted IPMI layer for
nut-ipmipsu.
what is left unclear is Mac OS X status...

cheers,
Arno