[Nut-upsdev] UPS on Freenas

John Lechanski johnski49 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:03:33 UTC 2011

Dear Sir or Ma'am,
  I have set-up a very functional NAS in my home using Freenas 0.7.2.5543.  I had problems when losing power to the NAS.  When I'd power it back on, my Raid 5 array and other disks would say that it was not properly dismounted, until I erased the disks, reformatted and remounted.  The problem would then go away.  I have since put an UPS between my NAS and the power to save myself the hassle.  I've tried exhaustively to activate and use the UPS feature on Freenas.  I have a Belkin F6C750-AVR and have used the prescribed drivers you suggest and nothing is working.  I wonder if there is a solution out there that you know about?  I thought to buy another UPS, but they are expensive and if I have the same amount of trouble, it's not worth it.  Some of my friends say it's impossible to setup a Freenas NAS with a UPS.  I hope that isn't the case.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
John