[Nut-upsdev] on Ubuntu Developer Summit (Oneiric), NUT and 2.8.0

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Jun 9 12:17:05 UTC 2011

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> This seems ambitious for a few months. Then again, there's the old
> quote about the person saying it can't be done shouldn't get in the
> way of the person who is making it happen :-)

Full ack. I'm not sure how much time I can spend on NUT, but
especially the Windows port integration is something that makes me
very uneasy. In its present state, I'm not too thrilled about the way
it is integrated in the sources. It seems we're getting back to
massive amounts of #if(n)def's in many critical parts of the code. I'd
rather see this being integrated by putting the functions that are
UNIX / Windows / other OS specific in separate modules and link in the
appropriate version when we build the binaries.

[...]

>  * I would also propose that one of the first commits on a feature
> branch should be a little more description of the requirements, or
> design ideas.

I'd too like to see a roadmap (the announcement of 2.8.0 months before
is a good starting point).

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)