[Nut-upsdev] [RFC apcsmart V3 18/18] drivers/apcsmart: use STAT_INSTCMD_{HANDLED, FAILED} for sdcmd_*()

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Sun Mar 6 20:17:02 UTC 2011

On 11-03-06 18:38, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Michal Soltys <soltys at ziu.info>:
>
>> As we want the user to be able do issue all shutdown methods manually,
>> adjust sdcmd_*() to use STAT_INSTCMD_{HANDLED,FAILED}, so they can
>> be used directly.
>
> The above is a good idea.
>
>> Also minor text corrections, and APC specific command renames.
>
> This isn't. You really should stick to the existing set of commands and
> try to map the APC specific commands to existing ones. If you think this
> is not possible, this should first be discussed here before we will add
> them.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Well, the only apc-custom "commands" are:

CS hack - force OB, then use shutdown.return
@nnn - no equivalent
@nn (hack) - no equivalnet

I renamed the commands I added earlier btw.

Currently:

S - maps to shutdown.return
K - maps to shutdown.stayoff
Z - maps to load.off

but I see no existing candidates for:

@nnn - like shutdown.return, but with additional weakup delay
@nn - as above, but "hack" version (tbh, the idea was borrowed from
apcupsd code - I haven't personally heard about such ups, but it could
be useful for someone)
CS hack - like shutdown.return, but after forcing OB

Thus the names for apc-specific commands:

shutdown.return.awd
shutdown.return.awd.h
shutdown.return.cs

They would be documented in updated manpage of course.