[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2940 - in branches/windows_port/scripts/Windows/Installer

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Thu Mar 17 09:16:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 21:27 -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:

> [...]

I don't think so.

> If not, we should really consider something portable like NSIS:
>
> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

We choose WIX because it produces .MSI files whereas NSIS only produce
executable.
MSI files seems to be the preferred format for Windows installer
nowadays since MSI files can be deployed through Active Directory on
remote machines and restore points are created by the OS when a MSI file
is installed.