[Nut-upsdev] Merging windows_port branch

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Wed May 25 12:29:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 21:00 -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> Please be sure to merge r2990 and any other recent changes (r2993,
> r2994?) onto windows_port as well. (The patch file dated "24-May-2011
> 16:10" seems to revert those changes.) A good way to catch things like
> this is to indicate the range of revisions which you are merging in
> the commit message, and check the last merged revision against the
> trunk. (Newer versions of Subversion supposedly automate this process,
> but I am skeptical.)

My mistake, I use "svn diff -r HEAD" to generate the patch. I should
have used the revision number of the merge with trunk.
Anyway I have merged the latest revision now.
Thanks for the tip about the revisions range in the commit message.

> Also, please ensure that the C files have Unix-style line endings when
> they get checked in. Setting the svn:eol-style property to "native" on
> those files will cause LF to be translated to CR+LF on Windows
> platforms.

I have fixed the eol style now. I am not sure if it is worth adding the
property since the building tools on Windows seems to behave correctly
with unix style eol.

> I'll start a build of the windows_port branch on a *nix machine
> shortly, but have you been able to do any regression testing of that
> branch with a non-Windows machine?

I have briefly tested the windows_port branch on a ubuntu 11.04 64 bits
host with a Eaton-Powerware 9130 connected via USB and I didn't see any
obvious regression.

Thanks for your feedbacks,
Fred

--