[Nut-upsdev] Merging libeaton (was Re: [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on Fedora-x64)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:53:46 UTC 2011

On Nov 25, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any comment from your side on a possible integration in the trunk?
> I'm too biased to consider my voice relevant here...

You think I'm unbiased? :-)

I haven't had much of a chance to look at the code, but by default, I am skeptical of libraries which try to abstract away all of the complexities of bidirectional communication with hardware. I may have missed this in the documentation, but what problem does this solve that isn't addressed by the rest of NUT? Is this intended for GUI apps? If so, how does this interact with event loops or threading? Have full-fledged apps been written against this API?

I don't personally see any urgency to merge this into the trunk, but I am willing to be persuaded otherwise.

- Charles