[Nut-upsdev] Request for new UPS support : Tecnoware ECO LCD 650VA

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:35:44 UTC 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 4:25 AM, trantore wrote:

> I repeat several months after: The patch from Brian R. Smith WORKS!

Haven't I seen this discussion somewhere before?

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2010-November/005030.html

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2010-November/005038.html

I think I speak for some of the other developers when I say that I
don't like to apply random patches that have a high likelihood of
breaking other users' configurations. Please code and test a patch
that can be selectively enabled. If you need help coding it up, ask on
this list.

Since last November, we have another option for handling patches. You
can fork my GitHub repository[*], write and test the patch in your
local Git tree, and then push back to GitHub. Hopefully this will make
it easier for other owners of these UPSes to test and report back that
the patch for hardware model B doesn't break support for model A.

[*] https://github.com/clepple/nut