[Nut-upsdev] Request for new UPS support : Tecnoware ECO LCD 650VA

trantore quesoyjamon at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 08:25:18 UTC 2011

Волька! <voljka <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all again. After some digging I collected all supported command
> logs (command/response) from UPSilon-2000 to UPS with USB sniffer.
> Since i'm not a profi in USB development and C programming, I can be
> very vrong, but I think what here is new protocol-hack version.
> All Megatec commands passed to UPS as hex code in Index field of
> URB_FUNCTION_GET_DESCRIPTOR_FROM_DEVICE
> For T<n> command as additional field used TransferBufferLength, which
> contans time duration value.
> I'm not sure, how TransferBufferLength used in all others commands,
> but it is definitely strange (large) for UPS&OS Shutdown command.
> May be it is used as constant/variable for all commands (complitely
> lost here...)
> I was incorrect about UPS name. Right name is: Tecnoware ERA LCD .65
> (650VA model in my case)
> Here is link to archive with logs for CT, F, I, Q, Q1, T<n>, T, TL commands:
>
> ftp://ftp.belam.lv/tmp/Tecnoware_ERA_LCD_065.zip
>
> I hope what NUT developers can write a driver for this ***** device.
> p.s. It was quite interesting quest. :)
> Vladimir.
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Волька! <voljka <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I'm not a very happy owner of "Designed in Italy and manufactured in China"
> > Tecnoware ECO LCD 650 UPS.
> > Plan was to use it with FreeNAS 8 on HP Microserver... But this plan gone
> > bad.
> > I want to ask you to look at another "Megatec USB" protocol implementation.
> > This UPS controlled by UPSilon 2000 program (Windows OS). Protocol type
> > Mega(USB).
> > Bad things:
> > - Program does not show UPS Manufacturer, UPS Model, UPS Version and
> > Temperature.
> > - vendorid = 0001, productid = 0000
> > - FreeNAS 8.0.1 beta 4 with NUT 2.4 unable to talk with this UPS
> > - FreeBSD 8.2 with compiled NUT 2.6.1 unable to talk with this UPS,
> > and I put in ups.conf file all possible variants of subdriver
> > [ecob]
> > driver = blazer_usb
> > vendorid = 0001
> > productid = 0000
> > subdriver = phoenix/krauler/cypress/ippon
> >
> > I can provide USB trace log in HTML format if you interested (from USBTrace
> > by SysNucleus).
> > ftp://ftp.belam.lv/tmp/UTLog-Tecnoware_ECO_LCD_650.zip
> >
> > Please help! F1!

Hi,

I repeat several months after: The patch from Brian R. Smith WORKS!

I can't understand why the main developers of NUTS don't like to add support to
this protocol! SEVERAL UPS units in the world (very inexpensive hardware) uses
the same hardware: vendorid = 0001, productid = 0000; with a MODIFIED blazer_usb
protocol.

All this hardware uses the infamous UPSlion 2000 Software and NO TOHER SOFTWARE
ALTERNATIVES EXISTS.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Add support for it!
Several people has created patches, and no one likes to merge it with de main
branch of the NUT.

Creazy!