[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r3214 - in trunk: . clients docs/man m4 tools tools/nut-scanner

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:04:50 UTC 2011

On Sep 13, 2011, at 2:36 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> 2011/9/13 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
>
>>> On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:13 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>>
>>> (forwarding because of message body too big)
>>>
>>> Author: fbohe-guest
>>> Date: Mon Sep 12 14:50:47 2011
>>> New Revision: 3214
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> Add nut-scanner tool
>>

>> Due to the build failures, I recommend we revert this merge commit
>> for
>> 2.6.2, or simply make the branch from one revision prior.
>>
>> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/HPUX-x64/builds/101
>>

>> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Solaris-intel/builds/95
>>

> I'm more in favor of fixing this, either by disabling the feature
> through
> configure or actually fixing the failures, since we have a non core
> component.
>
> since Fred made the commit just before leaving yesterday, he will be
> able to
> check and address this today, so in time for 2.6.2.

Since it seems that this is the first time this branch has been
compiled on these two platforms, I can only assume it hasn't been
tested there, either. That doesn't give me much confidence.

Also, I'm not saying the failures can't be fixed - I just think that
trying to fix them on an arbitrarily short timeline is not the right
way to approach the problem.

I know we don't have automatic builds of branches other than the
trunk, but Buildbot has been available the whole time this branch was
being developed.