[Nut-upsdev] Adding device: EitanVT650 to udev nut-usbups.rules?

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 22:44:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

  I have a UPS device that seems to work fine with the blazer_usb driver.
(I have guessed the driver by googling up the "Product" usb string 010937).
  However, it does not appear in the supported list, and I had to
manually add a udev rule for granting access to the 'nut' user.

  Would be nice if the info I provide below could be used to help the
project/future users to have a quicker setup process :-)

   This is the udev rule that seemed to work for me:

#  Eitan VT650 - blazer_usb
ATTR{idVendor}=="ffff", ATTR{idProduct}=="0000",ATTR{product}=="010937",
MODE="664", GROUP="nut"

(I added the "product" filter, since the idVendor/idProduct info seem to
have generic values).

I'm using the Debian-unstable package: 2.6.1-2

The specs of the product can be found at:
http://www.eitan-tut.co.il/get_file.php?id=2669&force=0

Following is some info from lsusb -v:

Bus 004 Device 005: ID ffff:0000
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               1.10
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0         8
   idVendor           0xffff
   idProduct          0x0000
   bcdDevice            9.37
   iManufacturer          19
   iProduct                1 010937
   iSerial                 2
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:    bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0xa0
       (Bus Powered)
       Remote Wakeup
     MaxPower              160mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
       bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
       bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
       iInterface              0
         HID Device Descriptor:
           bLength                 9
           bDescriptorType        33
           bcdHID              10.01
           bCountryCode            0 Not supported
           bNumDescriptors         1
           bDescriptorType        34 Report
           wDescriptorLength      47
          Report Descriptors:
            ** UNAVAILABLE **
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
         bInterval             232
Device Status:     0x0002
   (Bus Powered)
   Remote Wakeup Enabled

     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           34

   Cheers, and thank you for working on nut !

        Amit