[Nut-upsdev] Introductions, questions

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:05:21 UTC 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Thomas Charron wrote:

>  I noticed that, I'll see if I can't debug it further.  I'm wondering
> if the ecode returned is different then EPIPE, but has a simular if
> not identical libusb error string.  I suspect this is the case, as it
> is not only doing this unsupported requests, but for other requests as
> well.

It's possible that some requests require more processing on the UPS
side. Do the timestamp deltas around the failed requests look close to
the USB_TIMEOUT value?

>  So as a matter of reporting, what is the best way to give
> information for inclusion in future releases?  And better, who to give
> it to?  The list as a whole, or specific driver maintainers?

This list is the best place, I think.

Feel free to send diffs against 2.6.0, or if you're comfortable with
Git or Mercurial, there is a Git tree at GitHub which has a v2.6.0 tag
that you can use as a branch point:

    https://github.com/clepple/nut/tree/v2.6.0