[Nut-upsdev] RE : How to cause a local system shutdown...

ArnaudQuette at Eaton.com ArnaudQuette at Eaton.com
Thu Feb 16 09:09:46 UTC 2012

William, Charles,

I've indeed seen the thread, but not yet had time to consider answering it.
It's on my TODO stack though, and has been for long, to address this case.
Ie, sending a shutdown order to a network card in a UPS, that in turn trigger a shutdown of the connected systems, either through the same card, or other connection (like USB).

If you don't see an answer from me within a few days, please ping me back.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: Charles Lepple [mailto:clepple at gmail.com]
Date: mer. 15/02/2012 14:13
À: William R. Elliot
Cc: NUT Developers; Quette, Arnaud
Objet : Re: [Nut-upsdev] How to cause a local system shutdown...

On Feb 14, 2012, at 11:10 PM, William R. Elliot wrote:

> OK.  Totally missed that I could send FSD as a status from the driver...sorry.  I'll give that a shot.

Bill,

Not a problem. I think you are breaking new ground here, but it's something that we should consider for other big UPS models.

Arnaud,

Have you had a chance to follow this discussion? Basically, it sounds like we have a gap in the shutdown mechanism if NUT is set up to monitor an UPS, but the force-shutdown command is sent to the UPS by another system which is not the NUT master. This would probably apply to Eaton's multi-user UPSes like those monitored by snmp-ups and the XML-based cards.

top of the thread: http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c201202092250.q19MoEhE018871%40wreassoc.com%3e

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail

Eaton Industries (France) S.A.S ~ Siège social: 110 Rue Blaise Pascal, Immeuble Le Viséo - Bâtiment A Innovallée, 38334, Montbonnot St Martin, France ~ Lieu d'enregistrement au registre du commerce: Grenoble ~ Numéro d'enregistrement: 509 653 176