[Nut-upsdev] Problem with detecting "Mustek PowerMust 2000VA"

Petr Kubánek petr at kubanek.net
Mon Jan 2 16:32:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UD

suggest there are two Cypress product ID - 0x04b4 and 0x0665. It looks
as 0x0665 is not claimed by cypress_m8:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/serial/cypress_m8.h
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/serial/cypress_m8.c

I believe that adding 0x0665 ID to cypress_m8, recompiling it, should
fix the problem. Will you try, or do you prefer to let me do it, send
patched version and let you try? If you never compile kernel from source
code, this might be painful experience - so if you are running something
Ubuntu based, I can try to just ship binary version of the module..

Petr Kubanek
http://rts2.org