[Nut-upsdev] Mixed-commit problem solved

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:59:08 UTC 2012

On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> 2012/1/8 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
>
>> On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:34 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>>
>>> # 4. Is the new_UIs-root tag still useful?  It doesn't seem to point
>>> #    at an actual branch.
>>
>> ESR: In terms of content, no - not useful.
>>
>> Arnaud: While nothing has been committed on this branch[*], this is a good
>> reminder to check your development machines for any working copies with
>> uncommitted changes.
>>
>> [*] http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/log/branches/new_UIs
>>

> The actual work has been done in the trunk, on NUT Monitor.
> This branch goes back before this, and we can now delete it (which I've
> done in r3380) since I don't see any added value there.

OK, thanks.

> Note that I have a few things stagging for the "Powerchain" branch, which
> is not yet usable, but might be worth to commit.
> But since I don't want to interfere with the git transition, this can wait
> a bit more...

It's still an incremental conversion at this point. It's up to you as to whether you want to commit into SVN and check out later in Git, or generate a tree-to-working-copy patch in SVN to apply to a new Git branch. The latter method won't handle newly added files gracefully.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail