[Nut-upsdev] Missing files on windows_port branch

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 03:22:37 UTC 2012

I think this trunk-to-branch interior merge should be clean, but the merge logic correctly identifies some missing files in the reposurgeon output (checked in -pre7 and -pre4). They are in SVN on that branch, though (ignoring .gitignore for the time being). I only see one java file in scripts/java/jNut/src/main/java/org/networkupstools/jnut/ from reposurgeon.

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/browser/branches/windows_port/scripts/java/jNut/src/main/java/org/networkupstools/jnut?rev=3319

trunk -> windows_port: 2011-11-15T10:14:21Z!fbohe-guest at alioth.debian.org ("Merge from trunk 2011-06-27T13:56:51Z!fbohe-guest at alioth.debian.org"...)
 - trunk parent: 2011-11-12T13:48:57Z!arnaud.quette at free.fr ("Add upsmgBatteryLowCondition OID to the status mapping")
 - windows_port parent: 2011-08-11T06:39:31Z!fbohe-guest at alioth.debian.org ("Correct handling of timeout")

reposurgeon% merge /Add upsmgBatteryLowCondition OID to the status mapping/|/Merge from trunk 2011-06-27T13:56:51Z!fbohe-guest at alioth.debian.org/
reposurgeon: :12157 cannot merge clean at target :12183
reposurgeon: target :12183 is missing these files: scripts/java/.gitignore scripts/java/jNut/src/main/java/org/networkupstools/jnut/StringLineSocket.java docs/man/mge-utalk.txt [and many more]

(Don't get me wrong: we don't necessarily need to identify every single trunk merge into windows_port, but as I understand it, identifying those merge points will save our sanity if we ever try to merge that branch back into the trunk with Git. We may have to do an interactive rebase on the latest trunk to clean up the patch set, but that's more of an issue with the SVN merge process.)

still trying to find more merge points...

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail