[Nut-upsdev] Duplicated .gitignores solved.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Jan 11 21:48:09 UTC 2012

Subtle bug, simple fix.  The problem was introduced by my change that
used content hashes to avoid issuing duplicate blobs.  The generated
.gitignore nodes didn't have a Content-Hash header, which meant all
.gitignores were treated as though they had the same *empty* hash.

2.0pre8 is at:

http://www.catb.org/esr/nut-conversion/nut-conversion.tar.gz

Please check that the .gitignores look OK when you generate them.

I've updated my mirror to r3395 and fixed up comments.

Now I'll go back to work onn getting two-parent commits right, or at least
matching what git-svn does,

# Known problems:
# 1. Merge code isn't working.
# 2. The first Eaton_SDK commit after the deleteall should have a link
#    back to trunk. The commit "Moving branches/Development into trunk."
#    (2006-02-16T13:31:43Z!clepple+nut at gmail.com) is a deleteall in
#    reposurgeon's translation, but in the git-svn conversion and original SVN
#    repository that commit is a no-op (file-wise) that connects/renames the
#    old branches/Development with the new trunk. Both instances of a general
#    problem: I don't have rules for when I should be generating merge
#    commits.

2 is partially solved.

"Gun control" is a job-safety program for criminals.