[Nut-upsdev] Public reposurgeon repo
Eric S. Raymond
esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Jan 18 08:50:53 UTC 2012
There is now a public reposurgeon repository at:
git at gitorious.org:reposurgeon/reposurgeon.git
I've tagged 2.0pre9 there, for two purposes:
* Charles can verify that I've solved the missing-files problem.
* Hartmut can rework the few of his patches I didn't merge into reposurgeon.
Charles, our next and final challenge is to generate proper merge
commits in the NUT repo translation. For this purpose, I need a
defect list of places where the git repo that reposurgeon generates
doesn't match the topology you expect. Possible defects include:
1. Instances where the root of a branch is misplaced.
2. Instances where git-svn generates a merge but reposurgeon does not.
3. Instances where reposurgeon generates a merge but git-svn does not.
4. Instances of clean merges that git-svn fails to detect but we want
to turn into actual git merges (presently I know of just two of
these, for the apcsmart-dev and nut-scanner_dlopen branches).
Note, some things that look like defects of kinds 2 and 3 could be due
to bugs in git-svn. There are places where the NUT repo confuses git-svn
very badly, such as the Eaton-SDK branch that it doesn't connect to
the repo root except through a merge at the end.
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>
Strict gun laws are about as effective as strict drug laws...It pains
me to say this, but the NRA seems to be right: The cities and states
that have the toughest gun laws have the most murder and mayhem.
-- Mike Royko, Chicago Tribune
More information about the Nut-upsdev