[Nut-upsdev] HCL HP R5000 supported by bcmxcp

Peter Tuhársky tuharsky at misbb.sk
Thu Mar 22 10:36:34 UTC 2012

Hi, Arnaud

One thing bothers me. I don't see parameters like "battery.runtime.low"
here. How will the UPS notice the NUT that it is running critically low?
Or better said, when will it do that?

With APC, there is such parameter, default set to 120 seconds. As I
understand, when battery goes critically low (2 minutes before getting
fully discharged), it sends "battery critical" to the NUT server, and
the NUT sends "shutdown" command to clients.

However with the HP, either R5000 or R5500, there is no such parameter,
and I even didn't find it in web interface settings. There is quite
opposite setting possible (custom): how many seconds AFTER the UPS goes
battery, should it switch off. This is quite illogical, though.

So, I'm afraid a bit doing UPS fullscale test because I don't know,
whether servers will have enough time to shutdown before UPS switches
itself off. I know I will face it in future, however need more info now.

Peter