[Nut-upsdev] HCL: Zigor Danubio 2000 supported(ish) by blazer_usb

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:00:13 UTC 2012

Hi David,

2012/4/27 David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org>:
> http://www.zigor.com/uk/index.php/en/products/upssystems/danubioseries
>
> Ships with UPSilon 2000 software, and appears to work with blazer_usb to
> a certain extent with the following config:
>
> [danubio]
>       driver = blazer_usb
>        langid_fix = 0x409
>        port = stupidly, I seem to have to set this even though it's ignored
>        vendorid=0001
>        productid=0000
>
> Yes, vendor 0001, device 0000.
>
>  idVendor           0x0001 Fry's Electronics
>  idProduct          0x0000
>  bcdDevice            1.00
>  iManufacturer           1
>  iProduct                2
>  iSerial                 0
>

> I get meaningful output from upsc (and yes, it was on battery at this
> point):
>
> battery.voltage: 38.70
> battery.voltage.nominal: 36.0
> beeper.status: enabled
> device.mfr:
> device.model: 2000VA UPS
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: blazer_usb
> driver.parameter.langid_fix: 0x409
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: foo
> driver.parameter.productid: 0000
> driver.parameter.vendorid: 0001
> driver.version: 2.6.3
> driver.version.internal: 0.04
> input.current.nominal: 8.7
> input.frequency: 0.0
> input.frequency.nominal: 50
> input.voltage: 0.0
> input.voltage.fault: 0.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 230
> output.voltage: 227.0
> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
> ups.delay.start: 180
> ups.firmware: VER 40643U
> ups.load: 3
> ups.mfr:
> ups.model: 2000VA UPS
> ups.productid: 0000
> ups.status: OB
> ups.temperature: 28.0
> ups.type: offline / line interactive
> ups.vendorid: 0001
>
> However, none of the commands listed by upscmd actually seem to do
> anything. I can't make it shut down, and even beeper.toggle doesn't seem
> to do anything (whether it's on battery or not).
>
> [root at shinybook upsilon]# upscmd -l danubio
> Instant commands supported on UPS [danubio]:
>
> beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
> load.on - Turn on the load immediately
> shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
> shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
> test.battery.start - Start a battery test
> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

thanks for your report.
part of the above command, and standard behavior, shutdown.* and
load.* should at least be supported.

could you please make the following test:
- shutdown the computer and remove it from the UPS load,
- restart everything,
- stop upsmon,
- stop the driver
$ upsdrvctl stop
- start the driver in debug
$ /path/to/blazer_usb -DDDDD -a <devname>
- in a separate console, launch some upscmd (load.*, shutdown.* or
test.battery.start.*)

and send me both the upscmd and driver outputs (compressed or offsite
links please!)

Testing the shutdown procedure is also welcome.

cheers,