[Nut-upsdev] nut_clock_* UT review

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:31:05 UTC 2012

2012/11/9 <VaclavKrpec at eaton.com>

>    please note that revisions 3771 and 3772 conclude nut_clock_*
> development (including UTs):****
>

> my conclusion was that nut_clock devs were completed with 3772, and only
> the QRT side was remaining.
> but that last requires:
> 1) that I provide you with a procedure to setup QRT (and this requires me
> to push a fix upstream to Ubuntu)
> 2) that we have a jail mechanism to execute QRT, including system clock
> changes to not impact negatively the buildbot system.
>
> ****
>
> Right; I forgot to mention these tests; they are not covered by the
> commits,****
>
> of course.****

this was indeed obvious to us two, but probably not for the rest of the
world ;)

>  Please review the code.
> Note the RTC UT on Solaris; it uses perl -e 'print time;' as the external
> RTC authority, because date +%s is not implemented on Solaris :-(****
>

> yep, that was my only question from a preliminary review ;)
> but I recall, in the meantime, the solaris situation: either gnu date
> (coreutils) or "perl print" to get "%s"...
>
> I've installed gnu coreutils, including date. It's available in
> /usr/local/bin.
> I've also modified the buildslave init script to first use this directory.
> thus, you should now be able to use the same "time authority" everywhere...
>
> ****
>
> OK, so I’ll modify it so that it only uses Perl if date bin. desn’t****
>
> support the %s format string.****

that would indeed be the most suitable approach.
do you need some help for the configure test?

cheers,
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.fr