[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r3739 - in trunk: docs/man drivers tools/nut-scanner

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:39:30 UTC 2012

2012/10/5 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Oct 4, 2012, at 6:50 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> > +/* IPMI auth defines, simply using FreeIPMI defines */
> > +#ifndef IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_NONE
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_NONE                  0x00
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_MD2                   0x01
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_MD5                   0x02
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_STRAIGHT_PASSWORD_KEY 0x04
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_OEM_PROP              0x05
> > +  #define IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_RMCPPLUS              0x06
> > +#endif /* IPMI_AUTHENTICATION_TYPE_NONE */
>
> Hmm. Shouldn't some of the FreeIPMI stuff be moved out of the nut-scanner
> main() function, possibly into another file? Then it would be easier to do
> conditional compilation in case it is not installed.
>
> Lots of Buildbot failures when FreeIPMI is not available, e.g.
> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Ubuntu-natty-x86/builds/230

gone to late and too quickly to bed, with a last mod (0 =>
IPMI_PRIVILEGE_LEVEL_ADMIN) without re-checking compilation is FreeIPMI is
not available! I already hit that one in a previous commit tentative. tyro
error, sorry.

these default IPMI settings have to happen before getopt processing.
as I didn't wanted to abuse ifdefs again here: there are yet too many, that
code already needs simplification.

I've fixed this compilation error in 3741. I'm monitoring buildslaves,
before returning to real life.

cheers
Arno