[Nut-upsdev] Problem with detecting "Mustek PowerMust 2000VA"

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:50:25 UTC 2012

On Sep 27, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Catalin Stefan Samfirescu wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Vladimir Micovic wrote:
>
>>> Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0665:5161 Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial
>
>> Unfortunately, this device ID is used by several different vendors. What does "lsusb -vvv -d 0665:5161" show?
>
>> Also, what OS and kernel are you using? (I thought certain kernels had USB-to-serial drivers for that chip.)
>
>> --
>> Charles Lepple
>> clepple at gmail
>
> I don't know whether someone needs help with this or not anymore,
> however I had a similar problem with a Mustek
> 848 LCD UPS and the solution was easier than I thought: there was no
> need to load the cypress_m8 module,
> because, at least on the systems that I've tried (Ubuntu 12.04 and an
> Openwrt i386 build), using the blazer_usb
> module, the first serial console was being used to communicate with
> the UPS and there was no /dev/ttyUSB* present.
>
> My lsusb:
>
> Bus 001 Device 038: ID 0665:5161 Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial
>

> My /etc/nut/ups.conf:
>
> [mustek]
>        driver = blazer_usb
>        port = /dev/ttyS0

Slight correction: "port" can be set to anything for the USB-based NUT drivers (it is ignored in the driver, but other parts of NUT need some non-empty value for it), so the statement "the first serial console was being used to communicate with the UPS" does not follow.

Does the output from "upsc mustek" look reasonable?

Thanks for the report,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail