[Nut-upsdev] Problem with detecting "Mustek PowerMust 2000VA"

Catalin Stefan Samfirescu samsanas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:08:34 UTC 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Vladimir Micovic wrote:

>> Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0665:5161 Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial

> Unfortunately, this device ID is used by several different vendors. What does "lsusb -vvv -d 0665:5161" show?

> Also, what OS and kernel are you using? (I thought certain kernels had USB-to-serial drivers for that chip.)

> --
> Charles Lepple
> clepple at gmail

I don't know whether someone needs help with this or not anymore,
however I had a similar problem with a Mustek
848 LCD UPS and the solution was easier than I thought: there was no
need to load the cypress_m8 module,
because, at least on the systems that I've tried (Ubuntu 12.04 and an
Openwrt i386 build), using the blazer_usb
module, the first serial console was being used to communicate with
the UPS and there was no /dev/ttyUSB* present.

My lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 038: ID 0665:5161 Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial

My /etc/nut/ups.conf:

[mustek]
        driver = blazer_usb
        port = /dev/ttyS0

And, after I successfully started upsd and the driver, the output from
upscmd -l mustek:

Instant commands supported on UPS [mustek]:

beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.on - Turn on the load immediately
shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.battery.start - Start a battery test
test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

Cheers,
Stefan