[Nut-upsdev] Alioth Subversion repository freeze

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:46:10 UTC 2013

Dear developers,

thanks to Charles (Lepple) and ESR hard work, we are now able to finalize
our migration from Subversion to Git, on Alioth.

As of now, our Subversion repository on
Alioth<https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=30602>is FROZEN!
Any new svn commit may simply be discarded, so beware!

Most active developers are currently using github, as a temporary mean.
But if you have any issue, contact us back by replying to this mail.

Stay tuned for the come back.

(details)
This move represents more than a couple of years of investigations and
testing from Charles!
The constraints are:
- no loss of any bit of our source code history,
- adapt meta information and history to fit git approach, and fit the point
above.

As for the documentation revamp and Asciidoc, the solution came from Eric:
his tool (reposurgeon <https://gitorious.org/reposurgeon>) found a good testbed
for improvements with NUT <https://gitorious.org/reposurgeon/nut-conversion>,
over the past year.
and Charles has been an ideal partner for working on these improvements
(quoting Eric).
Thanks again Charles and Eric!

In the end, Free and Opensource Software get better, and that's why we're
all here ;-)

cheers,
NUT (Network UPS Tools) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.fr