[Nut-upsdev] nut driver for SMS (brazil) UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:28:21 UTC 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 3:48 AM, Ulisses Guedes wrote:

> Since input /output current is not supplied by SMS firmware, i guess that should better replace them by
> voltage, power and frequency statistics (maximum and minimum), as vendor software does.

I haven't had a chance to look over the entire patch in detail, but what we try to do with the drivers is keep the number of calculated values to a minimum, and only report what the UPS directly reports.

If there are general values like state-of-charge of the battery which are not provided by the UPS, those are sometimes calculated, but they often require a lot of configuration parameters (so it is obvious to someone debugging their setup). If you do calculate a value, make sure you mention it in the driver documentation.

Thanks for posting your patch!

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail