[Nut-upsdev] bcmxcp: Now supports more ups variables, help needed on testing on hardware

Alf Høgemark alf at i100.no
Sun Jul 7 09:52:44 UTC 2013

Hi

I have now done some work to clean up the bcmxcp driver somewhat, and
then addede support for a number of more
ups variables, so if you have hardware supporting it, you should get
more output from "upsc" command, for example.

I do not have hardware to test this, so I hope someone do have hardware
and are willing to test.
The changes should be ok, it is just add new mappings from meter to nut
variables, but it would be good to know
what hardware supports the different meters, and to check that they
report correctly.

Do you know what hardware is needed to have support for more than one
phase on the UPS ?

I have made a pull request for these changes, it is here :
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/33
The changes are done against the bcmxcp branch in git.

Here are the changes relevant for the new ups variables added
bcmxcp: Add constants for all bcmxmp meter map, and replace magic num…
bcmxcp: Comment which meter map constants are mapped to nut variables
bcmxcp: map ups.date and ups.time to meters.
bcpmxp: Add mapping for output.L<phase>.power.percent to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for output.powerfactor and input.powerfactor to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for input.power to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for ambient.1.temperature to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for input.realpower to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for battery.current.total to meters
bcpmxp: Add mapping for output.L<phase>.power to meters

Here are some changes related to improved handling of return values from UPS
bcmxcp: Add handling of BCMXCP_RETURN_ACCEPTED_PARAMETER_ADJUST
bcmxcp: Use defined constants in setvar, and handle
BCMXCP_RETURN_ACCEPTED_PARAMETER_ADJUST
bcmxcp: Only calculate ups.load if the UPS does not report it directly

I have tested my changes on my "POWERWARE UPS 500i", also known as "PW5110".
Here is the output from "upsc" :
ambient.temperature.high: 221
ambient.temperature.low: 30
battery.charge.low: 11