[Nut-upsdev] Wait for network delay

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:27:09 UTC 2014

On Feb 4, 2014, at 10:48 PM, Elliot Dierksen wrote:

> I am running NUT as part of FreeNAS 9.2.0. I have looked through the manuals, but I don't see how to address my issue. The box has 4 NIC's in a LACP LAGG group. It takes a while for LACP to finish, and NUT tries to start before packets are flowing. NUT will complain endlessly about communication errors and never establish SNMP communication with my APC UPS. If I stop NUT and restart it after the LACP negotiation has finished, everything works as it should. Any ideas how to delay the start or make it re-try to establish communications?

We just merged a retry feature (maxretry and retrydelay in ups.conf) late last year, but it isn't in a released version of NUT yet. The patch doesn't have any dependencies, so it should apply to 2.7.1 or even 2.6.5.

   https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/70

The other option is to ask the FreeNAS folks if they can delay the start of NUT until the network is completely configured. If you go that route, let us know what bug or ticket number gets assigned to that.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail