[Nut-upsdev] Question on support for Upsonic Commercial UPS CXR 2000 - 2000VA/1200W - Rack/Tower on Freebsd 9.1.

Chris Duffy cjd at small-tree.com
Thu Feb 6 02:03:34 UTC 2014

Charles,

the out from the command below as well as the system.log file
are below your email.

It does look like a permission issue but what one?

Thx
chris

On 2/5/14, 6:43 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2014, at 10:12 AM, Chris Duffy wrote:
>
>> However, we are using NUT 2.6.5.
>>
>> Are we missing something by running 2.6.5 rather then
>> 2.7.1?  If so, I can build/install 2.7.1.
> Well, 2.6.5 is from August 2012, so it's not the newest. And eventually, we would like people to switch to the shiny new nutdrv_qx driver which is in 2.7.1. But I'm pretty much guessing here until I see the logs from starting up the driver. For now, let's get the log messages from the 2.6.5 driver, and figure out whether it's something that has definitely been fixed in later versions, or if we need to go to something post-2.7.1 from Git.
>
> Please run this:
>
>     /usr/local/libexec/nut/blazer_usb -a UPSonic -u root -D
>
> and send the output back to the list.

Output from the above command:

    0.000000    debug level is '1'
    0.248714    Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
    1.268575    Permissions problem: Input/output error
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.09
(2.6.5-Unversioned directory)

/var/log/system.log entries but they do not come out as a result
of the above command....they just come out in large intervals:

Feb  6 12:09:15 smalltree upsmon[3091]: UPS [UPSonic at localhost]: connect
failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

--
Chris Duffy
Product Support
AIM/Google:cjdwoodbury at gmail.com