[Nut-upsdev] Question on support for Upsonic Commercial UPS CXR 2000 - 2000VA/1200W - Rack/Tower on Freebsd 9.1.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 14:46:44 UTC 2014

On Feb 6, 2014, at 9:33 AM, Chris Duffy wrote:

> So since this is a new type of UPSonic UPS, do you think
> the vendor screwed up or is it just some quirk on Freebsd?

It's a pretty fundamental design flaw, although it isn't uncommon among USB devices aimed at the Windows market, and to their credit, it does make implementation and deployment simpler on Windows.

Neither the FreeBSD nor the Linux USB stack is bug-compatible with Windows, but FreeBSD has been slower to catch up. Some UPSes already have quirks table entries in FreeBSD (APC, Cyberpower, probably MGE/Eaton).

I did run across a daemon called 'uhidd' in the ports tree which might help. Try installing it, then run 'uhidd -v -u /dev/ugen1.3', kill it, and re-run the driver with -DDDD (as before).

The '-u' flag will try to detach the uhid driver.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail