[Nut-upsdev] Problems with blazer_usb. Driver will not shut down my UPS

Eirik Skorstad eskorsta at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:45:24 UTC 2014

>> Apart from what the logs say, has the command some effects on the
>> UPS? Can you please launch the driver with debug level = 3 and
>> send the logs of when you execute the command shutdown.return via
>> upscmd?

>> I saw your new UPS is shipped with ViewPower (developed by
>> Voltronic Power, mainly for their UPSes), so, if it's
>> manufactured by Voltronic Power maybe it's using their new
>> protocol 'QGS' (mapped as 'voltronic' in the new driver nutdrv_qx
>> - available in 2.7.1) or one of their other ones. Maybe the
>> command itself is accepted by the UPS, but since it may use
>> '(ACK'/'(NAK' replies instead of the 'ACK'/'echoing back' of Q1
>> units the driver sees the '(ACK' as a failure. This problem has
>> been addressed in blazer in 2.7.1:
>
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/031f43d17a129872bd8d5372d580bb497cafbe26

I'm not using ubuntu.. however, here's some .deb:

>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+source/nut/2.7.1-1ubuntu1

Well, I started with an upgrade to 2.7.1 and that seems to fix the
problem by it self :) Here is the files i had to download and install
in same order:

dh-systemd_1.13_all.deb
init-system-helpers_1.13_all.deb
libupsclient-dev_2.7.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
libupsclient3_2.7.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
nut-client_2.7.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
nut-server_2.7.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb

Ran upscmd shutdown.return followed by a shutdown.stop and the UPS
responded as it should. Did a upsmon -c fsd and the server and UPS
responded according to my settings. Still have to do a long batteri
test though, however I am pretty sure this solved the problem.

Maybe it's time for Ubuntu to update their sources..

Many thanks for your help :)