[Nut-upsdev] How to treat UPS status of TRIM as on line

Elliot Dierksen ebd at oau.org
Fri Jan 10 17:58:10 UTC 2014

I am using NUT 2.6.5 as part of FreeNAS 9.2.0. I am using an APC Smart-UPS
5000 RM DL4 with a AP9619 network management card. NUT properly detects
when the UPS goes on battery and initiates a shutdown after the configured
time. The problem I have is that I am using a 208V unit on a 240V circuit.
That means the normal state for the UPS is "TRIM". NUT doesn't treat that
as an on line condition, so the system shuts down every time there is a
power failure. I realize what I am doing is a bit of a kludge, but I can't
get a 208V circuit easily in my house.

I am also getting these messages whenever NUT starts

"[CR-UPS] Warning: excessive poll failures, limiting error reporting"

Any ideas?