[Nut-upsdev] Simple UpsTray client for Windows

Ilya Dedinsky ded at ded32.ru
Tue Jul 29 09:29:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I wrote a small utility to stay in Windows tray and indicate NUT UPS device status and some
properties. The tray icon shows UPS battery status (from green for 100% to red for 0% and
red-crossed for unconnected state). The tooltip shows UPS manufacturer and model names, date of
production, UPS status, battery status and voltage, time left when running on batteries.

Archive containing compiled ready-to-run EXE file and sources: http://www.dropbox.com/s/rrxvm45gvuhp7xy/UpsTray.rar

Command-line usage: UpsTray [ups_name@][nut_server][:port]

ups_name   - Name of UPS device on NUT server     [default: ups]
nut_server - DNS name or IP address of NUT server [default: localhost]
port       - NUT port on server                   [default: 3493]

To use command line parameters in Windows Explorer, user is needed to create a shortcut
to UpsTray and set the parameters after program path.

Examples:

UpsTray.exe
  Equivalent to: UpsTray ups at localhost:3493
  UPS name:      ups
  server:        local Windows machine
  port:          3493 (default)

UpsTray.exe my_nut_server
  Equivalent to: UpsTray ups at my_nut_server:3493
  UPS name:      ups
  server:        my_nut_server
  port:          3493 (default)

UpsTray.exe my_ups at 192.168.0.111
  Equivalent to: UpsTray my_ups at 192.168.0.111:3493
  UPS name:      my_ups
  server:        192.168.0.111
  port:          3493 (default)

UpsTray.exe my_ups at my_nut_server:1234
  Equivalent to: UpsTray my_ups at my_nut_server:1234
  UPS name:      my_ups
  server:        my_nut_server
  port:          1234

The tool is written as compiled AutoIt script (http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit).
The code is based on WinNUT client source (http://sourceforge.net/projects/winnutclient).
Now it was tested on two client machines and one Synology linux server only.

Maybe this will help somebody for simple NUT Ups monitoring.

Regards,
Ilya

ded