[Nut-upsdev] POWERCOM HID USB controller update

Maksym Bodaniuk max.bodaniuk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:30:24 UTC 2014

Dear Charles and Artem,

I've recently bought a new PowerCom Imperial IMD825-AP LCD which
identifies itself as 0x0d9f:0x0004.
At first glance it seems that usbhid-ups driver works fine. But when I
tried to shutdown UPS via DelayBeforeShutdown it started double beeping
every couple seconds for indefinite time (the same problem described by
Vincenzo Colonnella here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2013-February/006403.html).

I suppose that recent protocol change affects a protocol specifications
for DelayBeforeShutdown and powercom_shutdown_info methods should be
modified to support 0x0004 devices. But unfortunately the protocol
specifications attached by Alexey Morozov didn't clarify much for me.
My assumption here that PowerCom developers made a new devices with ID
0x0d9f:0x0004 more compatible with USB HID PDC and therefore we do not
need any specific conversions for passed values anymore.

Best Regards,
Maksym Bodaniuk