[Nut-upsdev] New version of riello driver [Debian bug "did not claim interface 0 before use"]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:17:38 UTC 2014

On Oct 22, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Elio Parisi <e.parisi at riello-ups.com> wrote:

> I see the issue but I don't be able to reproduce it on the Debian SID.
>
> The steps I followed are:
>
> 	-	start from debian wheezy;
> 	-	upgrade to debian testing;
> 	-	upgrade to debian sid;
> 	- 	in debian sid test nut with riello_usb driver;
>
> In this situation there are no trace of error (claim interface) in /var/log/syslog at the
> moment of attach of cypress usb or at the moment of driver riello_usb start.

Sounds reasonable. For reference, what version of NUT was in SID when you tested?

> So, could you tell me how I reproduce the problem?

I'm afraid I am just the messenger - @bigon (Laurent Bigonville, on GitHub) is a Debian maintainer of NUT, and he was pointing out the bug report filed with Debian:

With other drivers, we sometimes see the "did not claim interface 0 before use" error if a driver gets out of sync with its PID file, and two copies of the driver are running. So maybe remove the PID file and start the driver again? It should be possible to detect this condition.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail