[Nut-upsdev] 答复: I love NUT

Carsten Burkhardt c.burkhardt at b-c-s.de
Tue Apr 28 13:17:58 UTC 2015

Dear Developer and Tester,

I love NUT, because of the great interoperability. So I have the choice
and freedom on the operating system or the device. Many thanks on all
developers and the manufacturer, they support with informations,
material, wages and so on.

Dear Hyouko,

I am interested in to know, why every manufacturer use their own protocol.
The USB Power Device protocol is already 20 years introduced. In my
opinion a unique protocol is easier to handle. Just to use one protocol
makes the soft- and hardware more efficient, reliable, sustained… What
is your opinion or you know the reason why everybody makes their own?

http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/powercom/Software_USB_communication_controller_SKP_series.doc

Sincerely Carsten