[Nut-upsdev] nutdrv_qx and Best Power equipment

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 00:31:50 UTC 2015

Yet again, sorry for the delay - I hope the UPS is still alive.

>> I noticed that your UPS seems to support the 'M' command as a query of
>> some sort (it replies '0'): now I'm curious as to what it does mean.
>>
>> It could be the 0-9 index of the user-settable voltage limits, page 19 of:
>> http://www.gruberpower.com/pdf-files/Best%20Power%20Patriot%20Pro%20II%20User%20Manual.pdf
>> Could you try and change it and see what happens to the 'M' reply?
>
> It seems to match. I can do some variac testing some other time, but the current setting (0) corresponds to the LED pattern for the first entry in the table. When I incremented it a few times, it increased.

Implemented:
https://github.com/zykh/nut/tree/bestups

Before I merge it (well.. provided that it works..), I'd like to know
a couple of things more:
1. does the load.off command ('S00R0000') work?
2. does the 'C' command (mapped as shutdown.stop and load.on) turn the
load on if executed while the ups.delay.start time elapses after
having fired a shutdown.return?
3. (OK, I lied - 3 things more) does the shutdown.stayoff command
('SnR0000') work?

Thanks for your patience, Charles.